Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Birds in roof space!!!

Our build was smooth, our SS was great, PCI was a breeze and hand over was simple with a few minor issue which was promised to be fixed pronto.

After we moved in a few days, we started hearing birds chirping in the airvents, so we called the guys to who installed the airvents to come by to have a look and informed PD. They can in a few days and informed me that the birds are not in the vents but are in the roof space. The said the birds are coming and going through a whole in the roof.

We have a 2 story house so it was difficult to see how big the problem was until yesterday when we borrowed a ladder and took some photo's.




This must be a design flaw, and should have been picked up while they were laying the tiles on the roof!!!

I am very upset and dissapointed with PD for even failing to pick this problem up in the early stages. I don't know how many birds has built their nests in the roof and what damages has been made.

Still waiting to hear back from my SS and BC on this matter.

This is the only major problem we have, other items are minor but still needs to be rectified for it to be a lovely home.

I'll post some photo's of our house tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pup,
    just wondering how PD solve this design flaw?
    we are right now in process to build Waldorf 44.
    Hopefully there is no more birds in your roof space. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    Silly me, I forgot my login and password for a while.

    The gap on the roof is fixed i think, I had the construction manager involved and had to get the roof sealed. I can't hear the birds in our roof space so I guess it's fixed. We don't have a ladder high enough to double check though.

    We had a 3months maintenance and all the small things has been fixed.

    Hope you have a good building experience.

    ReplyDelete